Monday, July 25, 2011

Journal Excerpt: August 10, 2009 Canandaigua Part Two

1:15 pm Fascinating upstairs to Muar's, the refuge we used in yesterday's thunderstorm.

Yes, that's right, the paragraph at the top of this page says. "Hope the rain holds off...."Well. as planned above, yesterday Doug dropped me off on the edge of the business district and he drove on to explore the beach area. I was so excited. On the corner of the second block, I found a great little gift shop, "Goodie II Shoppe", and enjoyed exploring its nooks and crannies. The shop owner was very friendly and we discussed the instability of the weather,hoping for sunshine for my little window-shopping excursion.
I stepped into a back room to look at some fascinating books. Absentmindedly I looked up and out the window--it was raining torrents!! I couldn't believe it. It came so suddenly and violently.
Thankfully I had my phone so I could tell Doug where I was so he could pick me up. (I love cell phones! He never would have found me without my call.)

I was very disappointed, but since it nearing 2:00 and we hadn't eaten lunch yet, we decided to try the little beach-front restaurant. We braved the pouring rain to get in the front door, but it was well worth the soaking jackets.

Sooo cute--bright beachy colors that just make you happy to be here. We were fortunate to get a table in front of the window overlooking the lake. We had paninis and shared a Snapple. We noticed that a few people went upstairs so we ordered an ice cream cone (for me--Turtle Cheesecake and Coffee Heath) and a healthy oatmeal cookie (for Doug--he loved it) with a cup of coffee, and explored upstairs (where I am right now).

1 comment: